February 19, 2008

Vihaan School


We volunteered at the Vihaan School that has just over 100 children attend. They are the children that live in one of the slums of Jaipur. They pay less than $1 a month to attend if they can even afford to pay that.

Their English skills improved in just the two weeks that I was there, it was great. They were all so cute.

Although as you can see I don't always hear there name (right) well I couldn't on this one, I only got a few down by the time that I left.

On my 2nd day there, I was put with the next group up, no one knows how old they are, they don't know their birthdays, so it is just a rough guess, but I would guess these guys are about 5 or 6.
They busted out in song for me, I have no idea what they were singing, but they were cute as ever.


They loved to yell out Mam, Mam, Mam, they knew they would get your attention that way. I will miss them.

Oh, and this is our donation to the school. It wasn't much, but we realized how valuable paper is, so all of us pitched in to get them a lot of reams of paper, everyone was so excited and the teachers believe that to be the next years supply of paper. They use front and back and front and back again until they can't use the piece of paper any longer.

No comments: