February 9, 2008

Burrrrrrrrr

Ok, I have been cold since I got here.

I checked the weather before coming and it looked perfect. However, it is 6 degree C colder than average this year. As for Temp, Highs are 64F and the low is 45F. Anyway, the floors are all tile (to keep it cool during the summers) which keeps it cooler all the time during the winter. I guess I just didn't think that even inside I would be FREEZING. 45F is cold when you don't have heat. All of us weren't expecting it to be this cold. I only brought one jacket thinking I would wear it here and there, however, I have pretty much needed it the whole time. The average temp is High 74F - Low 52F.

Yesterday on our bus ride to Agra (to see the Taj) you could see your breath on the bus half the trip. My feet were frozen, but you do so look forward to that afternoon sun. My fingers are frozen right now typing this.

I am excited to get home and have heat again!!!! Be in my nice warm soft bed. My hips are bruised from the stiff beds.

Although, I am NOT complaining. I realized I am very fortunate. The way some people live here is just wowing. Many of them sleep in tents made out of plastic or even branches, or in cement garage type buildings, all huddled around a fire to keep warm.

In the area we work, many of the homes don't have roofs, or only one small room does where everyone sleeps.

In any case. I can handle a few weeks of being cold. It will allow me to really appreciate my own place, and warmth.

No comments: