February 7, 2008

I got my bags

So day FIVE!!! I woke up to good news. My bags have finally made it to Jaipur. It's a complicated story.

I flew THREE airlines. United, Air India and Jet Airways to get here. United messed up the ticketing on the baggage and gave both bags the same number. So when I got to London, after flying Denver, to D.C to London, I found out my bags never were sent, actually got cancelled. So, the guy at United was very unhelpful and told me to file a report when I get to Jaipur.

I get to Delhi at 1:30 in the morning, I get through security, go to Jet Airway and tell them I need to check in, she sends me to the domestic airport (mind you I was very tired and emotional at this point). Which is a 20 min bus ride there. My flight left there about 5:45am and I got into Jaipur by 6:30am. I went to Jet Airway and told her I need to file a report. I didn't have an address yet, so she gave me a phone number to call.

After going to the Air India office to see if they have my bags, because United is trying to wash their hands clean of this mistake, Air India said I had to file a repot in Delhi. I DIDN"T KNOW that.... I was told by United, who originally messed up my bags my FINAL destination.

So, now Air India said they would compensate me if I had filled out a report in Delhi but because I didn’t they won't. That is it.

My mom has talked to United and said that I need to fill out a report with Jet Airway, which didn't seem to know what I was talking about when I got here. I guess I will, I am not sure when I will do that.

So to make a long story short, I have gotten my bags on Day 5. Not one of the three airlines will take blame. I will be fighting with United when I get back.

But anyway, nothing lost... just a few new things I had to buy.

No comments: